Tantallon Limited is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy when you use this website. We recognise our responsibility to keep the information you provide to us confidential at all times.
The purpose of this policy is to provide diversity and equality to all in employment, irrespective of their gender, race, ethnic origin, disability, age, nationality, national origin, sexuality, religion or belief, marital status and social class. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, whether part time, full time or temporary, will be treated fairly and equally.
Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability.
All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
- Every employee is entitled to a working environment which promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated.
- The commitment to diversity and equality in the workplace is good management practice and makes sound business sense.
- Breaches of our diversity and equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings.
- This policy is fully supported by senior management.
- This policy will be monitored and reviewed annually.
This policy will be implemented within the framework of the relevant legislation, which includes:
- Equal Pay Act 1970 (Equal Value Amendment 1984)
- Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
- Sex Discrimination Act 1975 (Gender Reassignment Regulations 1999)
- Race Relations Act 1976
- Disability Discrimination Act 1995
- The Protection from Harassment Act 1997
- Race Relations (Amendment) Act 2000
- Race Relations Act 1976 (Amendment) Regulations 2003
- Employment Equality (Sexual Orientation) Regulations 2003
- Employment Equality (Religion or Belief) Regulations 2003
- Disability Discrimination Act 2005
- Employment Equality (Age) Regulations 2006
Equal Opportunity Policy
It is the continuing policy of Tantallon to provide equal-opportunity employment to all employees and applicants, without regard to race, creed, colour, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability and pregnancy. This policy relates to all employment decisions, including those in connection with recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All of our policies are in accordance with the latest Government policies and equal employment opportunity principles and other related laws.
Tantallon does not condone and will not tolerate any conduct calculated to intimidate, harass, or otherwise discriminate against any employees on the grounds listed above. Any employee who feels that his or her rights have been violated under this policy should inform his or her supervisor at the earliest possible convenience.
Our over-riding priorities on ethical trade are the welfare of workers in our supply chain and ensuring a sustainable environmental impact.
- Employment is freely chosen
- Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour shall not be used
- Living wages are paid
- Working hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practised
- Regular employment is provided
- No harsh or inhumane treatment is tolerated
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, Tantallon seeks excellence in every aspect of our business and is committed to minimising the environmental impacts of our business operations.
Our commitment is to:
- Continuously improve our environmental performance and integrate recognised environmental management best practice into our business operations.
- Reduce our consumption of resources and improve the efficient use of those resources.
- Measure and take action to reduce the carbon footprint of our business activities
- Manage waste generated from our business operations according to the principles of reduction, re-use and recycling.
- Manage our business operations to prevent pollution.
- Ensure environmental, including climate change, criteria are taken into account in the procurement of goods and services.
- Communicate the importance of environmental issues to our people.
- Work together with our people/employees, service partners, suppliers, landlords and their agents to promote improved environmental performance.
We will review our environmental policy regularly.
This statement represents our general position on environmental issues, and the policies and practices we will apply in conducting our business.